Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Eagle Scout

I posted earlier about the best brother in the world becoming an Eagle Scout and now I have created one of my favorite layouts to commemorate the occasion! As I have grown as an artist and have learned new techniques I have discovered I have an issue with papers that are overly themed. However when I found the Jillibean Soup New England Chowder: fresh thyme paper I got so excited! I loved how earthy it looked while still having a pop of color.
Using the fresh thyme paper as the background, I layered Nikki Sivils paper Messages: "Log It" to give some weight to my title page. I then used My Mind's Eye kate & co. "oxford Lane" triples paper and Cosmo cricket Pots and Pans paper to make half inch banners.

 I layered these along with a fleur dis lis border by Authentique "glory". I also used the same details from Authentique "glory" to create the title and quote. In addition, I used the Teresa Collins he said she said line photo corners on the corners of my picture.



On the opposite page I used the same Jillibean Soup New England Chowder: fresh thyme paper. Using a block of the blue and white polka dot paper by My Mind's Eye to anchor the pictures, I cut the pictures into 3x3 squares. I used a rectangle of the Messages: "Log It" at the bottom of the blue and white polka dot square just to help tie the two pages together.

 
My favorite element on the page is the red banner across the top made with the Cosmo cricket Pots and Pans paper. I used my Silhouette to cut the different shaped pennants and attached them using pop dots. I then added a piece of twine to complete the look.
Finally, I used a fleur dis lis detail by Authentique "glory" and attached it in the bottom corner using pop dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment