Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

On March 1st, my K babies and I celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday! We did a writing activity based on the book Green Eggs and Ham. The kids wrote about how they would NOT eat green eggs and ham but that they would eat _______ on a _________. They turned out so cute! I totally forgot to take a picture, but my inspiration from the project is from here.

My K babies and I also celebrated Dr. Seuss by making our own Cat in the Hat hats. We did this by making them out of red gummies, oreos and white icing! They were a huge hit and they turned out so cute!!

Cat in the Hat hats!
In addition to Dr. Seuss, we also had a special visitor that day from the Math and Science Center. They did a really cool STEM lesson with my kiddos based on The Three Billy Goat Gruffs and the bridge that they needed to cross. They were given several different objects to help build a bridge for the goats to cross without it touching the head of the "troll" aka rubber duck under the bridge.
So proud of their work!

Working Hard!
It was amazing to see some of my kids who usually struggle with tasks excel with this engineering task! So proud of my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment